Monday, April 30, 2012

Harvest Monday 4-30-12



Well I finally got to harvest something...some lettuce from our little backyard garden. I of course did not take a picture of it. I also planted some celery starts, along with beet and carrot seeds down at our little community garden plot. I checked it yesterday and the beets are coming up! I also have purple peas, kale, swiss chard, claytonia, and 2 types of lettuce coming up in the backyard. Lots of havesting to come! One thing I love about all this rain is the fact that I don't have to worry about watering as much. :)

Happy harvest Monday! We are linking up with Daphne's Dandelions, where others show off there harvests!

6 comments:

Prairie Cat said...

I always forget to take pictures of my harvests, too! Congrats on your lettuce, though. It sounds like you have to look forward to.

Karen Sesnon said...

I think I have a photo of the lettuce on my phone...if so I will send it to you.

Mary Hysong said...

sometimes I forget the pics too. Especially when I'm harvesting the same stuff all the time I'm kind of like, well, yeah, but they've already seen that!

Liz said...

I hope your helper got good and mucky. I have one roughly the same size who I swear is a dirt magnet.

Julie said...

Your dirt is so pretty! I know that must be a strange comment, but it looks like good, rich dirt. I'm so use to all the clay around here that I'm jealous of rich looking loam in other parts of the world.

Daphne Gould said...

Lovely black soil. And that photo really makes me miss having my kids in the garden. In some ways it is nice that they are grown, but in others, not so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...