Monday, April 9, 2012

Garden update April 2012

the clay is dug out and the cinder blocks in put in place

two trips with the trailer to get a yard of blended soil

I have a place to get my hands dirty! The makeshift garden bed is somewhat complete. I still have to plant more and set up some way to harvest and plant in the middle, but its a start. My back hurts but my heart is full. I transplanted some Oregon snap peas and some mix lettuce. Later this week I will get more started. I am having trouble planning where to put everything. I am used to a lot more space but it will be a nice challenge. Happy Harvest Monday, we are linking up with Daphne's Dandelions.

4 comments:

Daphne Gould said...

Good luck. Are you going to put some stones in to walk on? It is awkward to get to the middle, but it is very pretty.

Stoney Acres said...

Very cool. We are hoping to convert most of our "flower" beds to vegetable garden space some day in the future. It seems like some of the best ground on our place is tied up in flower beds!

Beeks by the Lake said...

Absolutely beautiful. I think it looks amazing. And your transplants look great too. Your hard work has paid off already!

Prairie Cat said...

I love your bed! It may be a small space, but I bet you will be amazed at what all you can fit in it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...