Monday, September 12, 2011

Harvest Monday 9/6-9/12 2011

Please note this blog is no longer updated. (Click here to find my new blog address).


pretty little heart shaped tomato

green beans from our second crop (I left them outside for awhile by accident so I think these will become spicy pickled green beans)

Oregano, thai basil, savory or marjoram, tomatoes, and a green bell pepper

More tomatoes

zucchini

more tomatoes, and millet

more green beans

more zucchini, tomatoes, and millet

Our tomatoes have finally started to slow down a little. Next weekend we are going to take out about 5-6 plants that have pretty much stopped producing along with the one zucchini plant we have left. We were still able to make a big batch of marinara this weekend and should be able to make another few over the next few weeks. I think this is the first time that I am kind of sad that fall is coming. Just because I will miss making sauce once or twice a week and eating perfect tomatoes from the garden. I really am looking forward to fall...I miss the fall recipes that I usually make and I'm excited about our first fall/winter garden.

We are linking up with daphne's dandelions for harvest monday...go check out what others have harvested this week! Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Stoney Acres said...

I know what you mean about being sad about fall. We'll miss the fresh tomatoes for sure. At least we will still have the winter garden!!

kitsapFG said...

I always feel sad about the summer garden giving way to the fall garden - the summer crops are the most favorite around here and are so brief because our summers are so cool typically. It barely feels like they are getting wound up and going and then fall arrives and their time is done. (sigh)

I do love fall though, something exciting and beautiful about that season.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...