Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dryer balls

Please note this blog is no longer updated. (Click here to find my new blog address).


A friend of mine from the moms group I am in, just started a work from home business making felt food and dryer balls. I had never heard of dryer balls, oh my goodness what a great thing they are. Here is some info on how they work. Please check out her website Shayna's Treats for more information and order yourself a set.

Why use dryer balls?

Using 4-8 dryer balls can save you from 20% to 40% (depending on the size of the load and what kind of fabric is in there) on your drying time!

Dryer balls replace expensive dryer sheets and fabric softener and help to get your clothing soft and static free without the chemicals!

Our dryer balls are made of 100% wool, a natural alternative to plastic balls, they make less noise, work better, and last longer!



How do they work?

The dryer balls bounce around in the dryer with your clothing, lifting and separating them and allowing the air to circulate much more efficiently. They also absorb some of the water, and the gentle friction of the wool against the fabric softens and gets rid of static electricity.

I personally have a sensitivity to wool products so I am working on making myself a set that are cotton. When I have it worked out I'll share so those of you who are wool sensitive or allergic have an option to take advantage of this cool product!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...