Friday, July 22, 2011

A little bit about our girls...North, South, East and West.

Please note this blog is no longer updated. (Click here to find my new blog address).
 
 
I love my girls...


Here's North, she is the head of the flock and the biggest. After several pictures she finally came over to get a closer look at what I was doing.


They are 17.5 weeks and doing really well. We are now at the point where we have to start checking for eggs. I'm planning on making a couple fake eggs to place in the nesting boxes so they get the idea of where they should lay.


South is the smallest but I think she is second in command, always hoping she might take over. Since she was so little she had to develop a big attitude to make sure she didn't get pushed around. East and West are followers, they kind of do whatever North does and are almost like twins.

We get most our information from a friend but I also spend time researching on two helpful websites...


Check them out if you are interested in starting your own flock or you can bug me with questions. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...