Sunday, April 17, 2011

Vive la France‏

Please note this blog is no longer updated. (Click here to find my new blog address).
 
 
This is the Doctor with a few words about one of the greatest influences and motivators in my life. French cuisine and culture has played a major role in the shaping of my families dreams. Jennie has taken the time to give you an idea of what we are doing as a family and I thought I would write a bit about where a good part of our motivation comes from. Although I had spent years learning about food and cooking, it wasn't until I spent years with fellow co-workers from France that I realized how important food was to culture, how profound an influence French culture has on food and how much it meant to me.

I spent 4 years in the Peace Corps where I learned to speak French in the Central African Republic. Upon my return to the States I immediately enrolled in the Culinary Institute of America where I became active in developing relationships with local farmers and working with chefs like Pierre Herme and Francis Pallard. Through all of this I have been blessed. I have worked in some of the finest kitchens, eaten some of the finest foods and of course, enjoyed some of the finest wines, a great deal because of a passion for French culture, language and the things this good earth has to offer. The language, the cuisine and my love for wine led me to my wife. We met in a wine lounge that I worked at. I know it may seem a bit far fetched, but it really is true and I feel very fortunate to have had these influences. Ever since we fell in love we have both been dedicating ourselves to our passion for food and using it to bring our family and friends closer together.




With this in mind we soon will be posting one of my signature desserts, an excellent way to bring in the summer. So...I say again..."Vive la France"!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...