Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Raising cornish cross chicks: we switched to grower food...

Wow...last time I wrote about our chicks I was grossed out by them but they reached a whole new level this week. We switched them to the grower food as recommended by the feed store owner. I don't know if this is just normal but the poop has increased and is now the squirts! Its everywhere...they shoot it out of the cage and everything. NEVER again will I get Cornish cross chicks...not to mention I now have to fill the food up at least two to three times a day...

Oh and I forgot they are now balding on their wings...gross!

I try to remain positive about things...so hey at least I now hate them so much that I won't mind them being thanksgiving dinner, although right now its hard to imagine wanting to eat them at all.

My girls (our laying chickens) where much different as chicks. Yes they pooped and made a mess but not like this. They played around, not just sat in front of the food. We are learning again, next time we will just get a regular old meat or dual purpose breed instead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...